Applied Math Colloquium
During the academic year, the Department of Engineering Sciences and Applied Mathematics holds a weekly applied math colloquium.
- Mondays at 4 p.m.
- Tech M416
- Refreshments served at 3:45 p.m.
Fall 2013 schedule:
- 9/30/13: Professor Yuan-nan Young of the New Jersey Institute of Technology.
"Dynamics of an Elastic Membrane in Stokes Flow"
- 10/7/13: Professor David Saintillan of the University of Illinois.
"Elastic Filaments in Viscous Fluids"
- 10/14/13: Dr. Rosemary Braun of Northwestern University.
"Hearing the Shape of Cancer"
- 10/21/13: Professor Shravan Veerapaneni of the University of Michigan.
"Simulating Dense Suspensions of Soft Particulated Flows"
Presented by Random Walk Trading
- 11/18/13: Professor Richard Rand of Cornell University.
"Evolutionary Dynamics and Parametric Excitation"
Winter 2013-2014 schedule:
- 12/2/13: Katherine Newhall of New York University.
"Dynamics of Ferromagnets: Averaging Methods, Bifurcation Diagrams,
and Thermal Noise Effects"
- 12/9/13: Jay Newby of Ohio State University
"Stochastic Modeling of Cellular Processes"
Email email@example.com with the message: "subscribe seminar <your e-mail address>"
View ESAM's PlanIt Purple Calendar for additional department event information.
You can also subscribe to the ESAM seminar email listserv:
Reiss Memorial Lectures
Learn more about the Edward L. Reiss Memorial Lectures in Applied Mathematics, hosted annually by the department.